Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sad to see you leave us Grandpa Leo...

Facebook post on June 25th:
Prayers please... 

One of Lily's great grandparents have grown very, very ill... It's beyond sad... He is one of the nicest people that you could ever meet and to see him this sick breaks my heart.. 

I hope a miracle happens and he makes it but the reality isn't looking so good.. Please pray for her great grandparents, his children, his wonderful wife ♥ , all of the grand children, great grand children, friends, and everyone that knows him...

His breathing isn't that good, his poor hands are cold, and you can't understand all of his words now but then all of a sudden he is very clear.. I said Hi.. He said "Hi Amy.. how do I look?".. I told him that he looked great.

Maybe I shouldn't have but I did ask if he sees Lily to give her a big hug and kiss.. and to watch over her.. I couldn't help it.. I just had too.. He said "Lily.. that's your baby".. then he told me that "God has a plan"..

Please pray.. he's a wonderful, wonderful person and my heart breaks to see him this way...

He and his wife have been married for so long.. this song is for them... I do hope he stays though.. I just pray for comfort in everyone's heart no matter what happens.. ♥

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6pCKGdroho


Sadly... Grandpa Leo (this is Ricky's grandpa- Dad to his stepmom Teri) did pass away.. here is the obituary:
NEWTON, EDWARD LEO, 77, of Louisville, passed away June 26, 2013 at Norton Brownsboro Hospital. 

He was born on May 9, 1936 in Louisville, KY, to the late Edward Lee Newton and Dolores Ladusaw Newton. He was in sales for many years. Leo was a 50 year member of the Masonic Lodge 862 and was a deacon at Little Flock Baptist Church where he attended for over 46 years. 

In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by a son, Timothy Alan Newton. 

He is survived by his loving wife, Alice Adams Newton; children, Kevin Newton (Sydney), Teri Hartlage (Richard), and Christopher Newton; nine grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; a twin sister, Cleo Roby; as well as many nieces and nephews. 

A celebration of his life will be conducted Saturday at 10 a.m. at Arch L. Heady at Resthaven, 4400 Bardstown Road with burial in Resthaven Memorial Park. Visitation will be from 2-8 p.m. on Friday at the funeral home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment