Sunday, June 30, 2013

Broken hearts...

Facebook post on June 24th:
Look at all of the broken hearts...

I stand here visiting Lily with a heavy, heavy heart when I look around to see how many other broken hearts exist (at this cemetery alone)... 

This picture doesn't even show you half of the babies/ children buried in the Babyland section of Evergreen Cemetery in Louisville, KY...

I'm so sad and so are hundreds and hundreds of families here at Evergreen and millions across the world.. It just doesn't make sense..

I picked Babyland because I imagined in my head that my daughter would be surrounded by her friends.. by other babies & children gone too soon if she was buried here.. her physical body at least..

I've walked through the baby section and counted the number of spaces/ headstones before and said hello to all of Lily's friends.. I just hate that she has so many angel friends that are babies & children..

** You know what else bothers me.. thieves who steal from cemeteries.. About one week ago Ricky & I discovered that someone stole our Lily flower solar light from her burial spot. We have a matching one at our house so they would light up together at night... The cemetery said they didn't remove it and sometimes people do come through and take things.. that they were sorry... WHY?!? I just feel that of all places to steal things.. that's low.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment