Sunday, June 2, 2013

Flooded with memories...

May 26th post from Lily's Facebook page (Never Forget Lily Grace):

I'm flooded with memories today.. 

The first time they took Lily truly off if ECMO (heart & lung machines/ life support).. she did great for about 10 hours & then she crashed... turned blue right in front of my eyes.. 

She received CPR & they saved Lily.. we received word that night that she had 2 brain bleeds from the episode so we had to get another brain ultrasound & wait to see if the bleeds got worse.. this was on Thursday & we would know more on Friday..

That 24 hours was critical... so as I'm waiting in Lily's room the next morning for all of the doctors to round in her room I received a call.. Ricky (Lily's Dad) found our dog Jasmine unresponsive.. lifeless.. she made weird noises all of a sudden and then nothing...

So here I am on the phone with Ricky & he didn't know what up do.. our world was crumbling down all around us.. It was horrible.. everything.. So my best friend & Ricky ran Jasmine to an animal hospital as I waited on the results of how Lily was doing and all day we waited to see if Jasmine was going to survive..

The vet saved Jasmine.. and I'm flooded with these memories today because I'm taking Jasmine to the vet for her frequent checkup and blood work to get more medicines.. She was in the animal hospital almost the whole time Lily was in the hospital..

The drive here floods me with memories of that hard, hard time.. I wish they both could have lived.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment