Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lily's travels across the world...

On Lily's Facebook page "Never Forget Lily Grace" I posted the following:
Who is near sand? 

Who wants to write Lily Grace in the sand for me, take a picture, and share it with me?  

Who wants to also write The Lily Grace Project in the sand too?? 

If you are super talented then feel free to draw a hairbow, a seahorse, or a ladybug if you want as well.. hmm.. That's just a bonus.. I would love just her name.. I think it is so pretty and I've seen a lot of memorial posts with names or things like that..

I'd also like to get a "Flat Lily" started like a "Flat Stanley" concept. Someone was going to do it awhile ago but it didn't get started so I would love to let Lily travel the world that way... she can't do it in real life so this would be her way to travel 

Any other ideas?? Lily would have turned 1 on August 11th and it is coming faster and faster...

Thanks everyone 


Great news... people started doing this right away and here are some pictures: 
"Our beautiful baby Lily Grace passed away in my arms at 18 days old on August 29, 2012 due to a heart condition called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She was never able to travel the world.. much less leave the hospital after birth. 

I asked Lily's friends to help "Lily Travel the World" by writing her name in the sand or even making a sign for Lily and sharing the picture. This helps Lily travel the world and this is like the concept of "Flat Stanley" but our own version..  I would like to thank everyone for helping Lily travel.

I would also like to thank Carie Channells for making a special comment to me after taking a picture for Lily.. she said "It was nice that I got to share her with people at the Beach". This meant a lot because I never thought about it that way... not only does "Lily get to travel the world now".. more people get to learn about Lily.

You see.. that is such a wonderful thought because on the day that Lily passed I had an overwhelming fear & anxiety that she would be forgotten... that the world wouldn't get to know our precious child which is why I started this FB page.. this is for Lily and I just know that all of her angel friends in heaven are traveling with her too 
"

**Thank you to Ericka Gilbert Bramer for helping our angel Lily Grace travel to Ormond Beach Florida (just north of Daytona) on June 28, 2013




**Thank you to Melissa Kempf Taylor for taking Lily to Lake Ouachita, AR. She said "her seahorse got a little crazy and hid her 'E' bit")- I think it's perfect!! This was June 28, 2013


**Thank you to Dawn Marie Decker for taking Lily to North Wildwood, NJ on June 28, 2013



**Thank you to Patricia Garza for taking our Lily Grace to Texas on June 29, 2013. She said "A ladybug hitched a ride on this seahorse carring Lily Grace thru the sand on the beach in Corpus Christi,TX. God Bless"


**Thank you Rachel McCoy for taking our angel Lily Grace to Daytona beach in Florida on 6/29/13.





**Thank you to Carie Channells for taking Lily to Galesburg Michigan at Eagle Lake on June 29, 2013! 

Carie made a very sweet comment " It was nice that I got to share her with people at the Beach"... I told Carie that I never thought about it that way... not only does "Lily get to travel the world now".. more people get to learn about Lily. 


**Thank you to Becky O'Brien Guidi for taking Lily to East Hampton New York on June 30, 2013! 

No comments:

Post a Comment