Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Our dog Daisy :(

Posted June 14th on Lily's Facebook page :( 

Please pray.. 

One of our pugs Daisy turned 13 yesterday...

Then suddenly this morning my kids & I found her in a very sad state..

Her eyes were moving rapidly in uncontrolled movements called Nystagmus, her body was spastic, she had no control over her body, I couldn't even pick her up by myself because of the way her body was moving...

My dear friend watched our kids while Ricky and I rushed her to an animal hospital..

They immediately took her back for sedation & oxygen..

Now we wait.. She either had a stroke that led to seizures or an inner ear inflammation that can cause her eyes to do that her Dr said & then the seizure activity..

So we wait to see how she reacts when they take her off sedation.. If she continues to have seizures after this rest... Then Ricky & I have to once again make the decision of what to do...

My 8 year old just told me "so the doctors are going to try & save Daisy like the doctors tried to save Lily..right?"..

We bought Daisy from a breeder when she first able to be bought.. she was so tiny that she fit in the palms of my hands when we first got her..

Our oldest Sarah who is now 17 named her.. Daisy was here before Ethan, Blake, Makayla, and Lily... They don't know life without her.. and neither do we honestly..

Please pray for a miracle.. Just 9 months ago we had to make the decisions to let our daughter Lily leave this world even though we wanted her to stay.. I pray we don't face that decision this weekend for Daisy...

My heart is so sad to think that she could be joining Lily soon.. This year has been horrible.. Please don't try & justify this right now because of her age... It doesn't make it any easier on my heart..

My heart is what's breaking right now.. That's why I'm asking for prayers 

Then June 15th I wrote this: 

Daisy dog update from the animal hospital.. 

They took her off of sedation and her body is not currently doing any of the seizure activity right now.. the rapid eye movements, uncontrolled body movements, tongue sticking out with heaving panting... 

She is walking plus she drank & ate some food.. much different than yesterday.. she is not in the clear yet though and I am going to visit her so the vet can talk to me.. her head is leaning or going towards the right side (which is the side that was effected yesterday) and she is having trouble with her right front legs.. 

But so far this is good news.. they need to evaluate her for brain damage (that is what they told us yesterday).. 

No comments:

Post a Comment