Monday, December 17, 2012

People say I am strong..

December 13, 2012 post from Lily's Facebook page:  

People say I am strong, embarrassingly some say I'm amazing, how do I get my strength.. etc. I am modest so I have a hard time hearing these things plus.. I don't see how this is true to be honest.. you don't see me at my weakest (sometimes I write at my weakest though), you don't see the flood of tears that I cry, you don't see how many people I may cry daily because of my story, you don't see how weak I have been.... 
 


The holidays have proven to be EXTREMELY hard for me. I really felt like I was sinking.. sinking in sadness. Then.. this week came. First, a wonderful stranger named Beckie donated headbands, hats, and a beautiful doll in honor of Lily. Then we gave out hairbows to wonderful families and we saw wonderful staff at Kosair. Then Steve from Spaghetti Factory gave us our meal for free after our Kosair trip in honor of Lily. Then I met Rebecca today who lost a Lily and there were many things like the lady bugs, hairbows, tattoo with a lily and lady bug, her Lily also born in August, etc.. so many connections there.

I haven't told many people but I also went to a medium recently. Many of you may remember that I went to see Theresa from Long Island Medium when she came to town but there were 2,000 people there and she never came to my section so I did not hear from Lily. Well I went to a medium and I heard from Lily and I CAN'T explain what that meeting meant to me.. this week is giving me strength again. Learning about Lily's friends in heaven this week has helped me. Your support, kindness, comments, etc.. it helps me. I guess we help each other when I don't know how I truly help anyone. I feel like I don't have a choice.. I feel like I do the things I do because it helps me survive.

Tonight I just started singing "Hero" out of the blue tonight and I thought of all the grieving parents, spouses, children, friends, family members, etc.. There is a hero inside of us and that is how we are surviving..each of us. Lily was a fighter and maybe I am strong because Lily is and always will be a part of me.. maybe she took part of my heart when she left but gave me part of her strength. Much love from Lily, Sarah, Ethan, Blake, and Makayla's Mommy- Amy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLFfXTwdVbY

No comments:

Post a Comment