Sunday, December 23, 2012

A mother shares a picture of her child in one of our hairbows..

Meet sweet Ambrosia. Daughter to Anya Hopper. We first met Ambrosia's Mom at our first hairbow delivery to Kosair on October 29, 2012. She is a beautiful little girl fighting cancer. We just visited the hospital again on December 12th and left a few extra hairbows on headbands for other little girls that we did not see.. well.. Ambrosia's Mommy wrote on Lily's page and wanted to share this with you (picture taken today on 12/20/12):

"I put Ambrosia in a Christmas dress this morning still wishing I could find a bow to go with her Christmas dresses. I went to leave the room for a minute and when I opened our door there was a bow from The Lily Grace Project. It was Christmas themed and matched Ambrosia's dress perfectly. We have previously received a bow from this wonderful mom during a stay in the PICU. She makes bows in memory of her daughter Lily Grace who was born with a congenital heart defect and delivers them to little girls in the NICU and PICU here at Kosair's. I linked her blog above and she also has a Facebook page called "Never Forget Lily Grace". Please visit both sites to learn about Lily's story and also what her mom is doing in memory of her."

I can't tell you how this made my day.. I never would have thought a hairbow would make people so happy.. I am forever grateful that Anya shared this picture with me and she said I can share this with you.

Also, please visit her blog:http://angelsforambrosia.weebly.com/angels-for-ambrosia-blog.html

Say prayers for Ambrosia!! Merry Christmas sweet girl and you look BEAUTIFUL in that bow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment