Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lily's Sea Horse

Topic: Sea Horse. When I was pregnant with Lily I did a lot of research and asked a lot of questions.. shocker to those who know me. I just wanted to be prepared. One great suggestion by a fellow heart Mom was to buy the Fisher Price Oc
ean Wonder Sea Horse. They have a boy and girl version so I naturally bought the pink one.

I am forever grateful for that recommendation. Anyone who visited Lily knows all about her favorite toy.. the Sea Horse. Even if you never met Lily you can see this sea horse in almost every picture that we have of Lily. You see.. this sea horse was soothing. It had a soothing light and it played very peaceful music.

My family and I turned this sea horse on and played it every minute that we could. The wonderful staff at Kosair let us put it by her head as our hopes were that she would be soothed by this toy rather than hear all of the beeping, machines, and commotion around her. She really seemed to like it.. We think she liked it so much that we had to even change batteries a few times because we seriously.. played it ALL of the time.

There wasn't much that we could actually do for Lily.. but we could do that. It's like we were actually taking care of her in a way..

In the NICU before she ever had her open heart surgery, one of her nurses told me that when she did get upset they would turn the sea horse on and it would help to calm her down. I love this sea horse. I kept the actual sea horse that stayed by Lily (as it was almost always touching her)... it stays with me at all times.. that's my little secret. A dear friend bought another pink sea horse for Lily and she was buried with that new sea horse... this sea horse means more to me than just any old toy.. I just wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment