Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Grieving parent.. my heart is heavy

Grieving Parent 

My heart is heavy
Not just heavy sad but
Literally feels physically heavy

Halloween was bittersweet sad
Thanksgiving feels heavy heart sad
I can't imagine how I'll feel in the next few weeks

How can my heart possibly feel so heavy
When a part of my heart was taken
The day my child was taken

The day my child left was unbearable
The pain, the sadness, the heart ache
The pain was physical and deep on so many levels

I can't take it day by day yet
I'm barely making it minute by minute
Sometimes I'm taking it second by second

My angel child completed my family
Then my angel left & uncompleted my family
My life is full & yet so empty at the same time

Someone told me best
"you never need to ride another roller coaster again"
So true in so many ways

My life has the highest emotional hills
And the lowest emotional drops
An unpredictable roller coaster ride that you never wanted to ride

That's my life around the holidays
Not just the holidays but minute by minute, second by second
And forever more..

- Amy Elzy.. Grieving Mom of Lily Grace





No comments:

Post a Comment