Thursday, January 31, 2013

Confessions of a Grieving Mom..

Last night I shared the following post on Lily's Facebook page "Never Forget Lily Grace".. I was having a hard night..

Confessions of a grieving Mom... I'm longing for all of the things that I couldn't do with Lily.. seeing other babies right now is making it really hard on me..,

I wanted to feed her, hold her (skin to skin), get newborn pictures (I had it all planned out.. Her cute little scar over her heart would be showing).. I want to wake up in the night with her, buy her a "first" outfit for the different occasions (Christmas, Easter, birthday, etc)..

Take her on a trip one day.. take the cute monthly pictures (I'm one month old, two months old, etc) that people always post... Get a family picture taken which I was never able to do..

I'm not jealous of others I guess.. I don't think other grieving parents are jealous either .. we just long for the child, dreams, opportunities, and everything that we lost when we lost our child... It changes you beyond words that you can describe..

I think seeing other people have what I no longer have is just a sadness for what I've lost..what was taken from me... It's just a cruel feeling ❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment