Thursday, January 24, 2013

A News Story about Lily!!!

Local news wants to do a story about The Lily Grace Project: Hairbows for Healing

About one week ago I was in my breakroom and somehow I started talking about Lily and our hairbow mission. My coworker joked that she was touched by what I was doing so she wanted to contact the news because they needed to do a story about me. 

Well she wasn't joking.. She went in a mission to get other coworkers to contact the news and she wrote them the sweetest email about Lily and I. She copied me on an email and I just couldn't believe it.. How sweet..

Well.. It worked and now Rachel Platt with WHAS 11 just contacted me today and she ended her email with "so very sorry for your loss- but inspired by what you are doing"

Oh my goodness....A wonderful person named Beverly used to work with my family member Dee Dee and she follows Lily's story through Facebook. Well she works for the Disney stores now and I ran into her this past weekend.. she said that she is so touched by our hairbow mission that she wants to write Disney Junior's show "Minnie's Bow-Tique"... about Minnie's hairbiws- to share our hairbow mission... I just can't believe all of this.. We LOVE Disney.. We LOVE Lily and all other children gone too soon.. I can't believe all of this..

I didn't even like the attention that I got at my first child's baby shower.. people all staring at me and watching me open gifts (and I'm talking family and friends at that shower).. This is the public..ahhh!!! But..this is not about me.. If I can help even one person.. This is all worth it!! ❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment