Friday, August 2, 2013

Sea Horse..

Posted on Lily's FB page on July 13th: 
Sea horse... 

For those that don't know.. my Lily Grace had a toy sea horse by her side at all times (except for her heart surgery).. to play music, light up, and try to soothe her... 

Thank you Lisa Warren for sending me this message! Your Lily Ann is beautiful.. thank you for sharing this:

"My husband I and started following your page about your daughter awhile back. We looked through all your photos and couldn't help but cry. Our daughter, Lily Ann was born Sept 20th and she too loves her seahorse. We cried because we felt so sorry for your loss, so sorry that your Lily had to endure so much in her short life and it really made us appreciate our daughter that much more that she was healthy. I just wanted to share this photo with you because it always reminds me of your daughter when I look at it. I've read all your posts and realize the grieving is far from over, I was just hoping that maybe my Lily could put a smile on your face, even if for a second. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. God bless." **Yes her baby is doing very well.. she is fine**

I hope it's okay that I shared your message Lisa.. it was too beautiful to not share your message and picture.. thank you for getting to know my Lily and thank you for thinking about us! 


------------------------------------------------
Interesting.. I just posted about how losing a child is made up of such extreme lows and then highs.. Back & forth.. The smallest thing can be a trigger.. This is a great read ❤ 
This is from the FB page: Silent Grief- Child Loss Support:

"Am I crazy?" is a question almost every parent of child loss asks. Why? Because we've never experienced such a wild, erratic range of emotions before. We feel anxious. We have mood swings. We burst into tears at the most odd times. We feel broken. We are afraid to laugh. We are over protective. And, our minds work constantly -- always thinking about our child. Are we crazy? Absolutely not! This is all quite "normal." When a person goes through the pain of losing a child, the trauma shakes us to our core, and it is a slow, painful walk to get to a place where we feel somewhat leveled out. How do we explain this to others? We shouldn't have to carry the burden of explaining. Common sense tells us that this is a loss that turns our world upside down and inside out and it's going to take a lot of work to walk through the hellish pain of losing a child. God bless every parent who has lost a child with a "special peace and calm" today.


No comments:

Post a Comment