Monday, August 5, 2013

Why I share my grieving process..

Thought I'd share this because some people don't understand why I share my grief online (Lily's Facebook page: Never Forget Lily Grace, this blog, etc) or why I'm a part of online grieving support groups.. It's just too much to keep inside for one thing and sharing Lily along with my complete journey of her diagnosis, having her, and sadly losing her.. It helps me to share!

People need to remember though that just because I share my grief in words online doesn't mean I'm living that way 24/7.. That makes no sense..

Getting things off my chest helps me to function.. My words on here are not a reflection of how I am 24/7.. It's just a glimpse into moments.. if that makes sense.. I always miss her.. every minute of the day but you just live with that grief just like so many of you live with your grief... you have it.. It's there & it will remain there forever in one way or another. There are good & bad days, hours, minutes, seconds... but you are making it & functioning..

I'm no different.. I'm just open about my grief.. That's all ❤ (Next part is from a Facebook group called: Silent Grief- Child Loss Support):
Why do we have online support groups for the bereaved? Some people just don't see a reason for this and think it's a waste of time. To the bereaved there are multiple reasons for places such as this to come together. There is support. There is a feeling of community. There is a sense of being loved. And, there are people who can truly understand. Why do we have online support groups for the bereaved? Because we know that everyone here understands the deep, intense, ongoing pain of child loss! And, having one's pain validated is often the best support that can be given!

No comments:

Post a Comment