Friday, August 2, 2013

Sweet Lily you have been gone for 11 months.. Poem that I wrote "Don't judge me by my grief"

**I wrote the poem below and shared it on Lily's page.. I mean it for me and for ALL other grieving parents out there.. **

On 7/29/13 I shared:  July 29th was exactly 11 months from when my sweet Lily Grace passed away.. I shared this poem, talked about The 11th Lily Grace Challenge (where you do something nice for someone else), etc.. here it is:
Today at 3:30 pm my daughter Lily Grace will be gone for 11 months....

The time keeps passing by just like it does for so many other parents that have lost their child or for someone that has lost a parent, sibling, friend, spouse, etc..

Today, will you please do something nice in memory of my daughter and so many other people gone too soon? If so, please click this link to join "The 11th Lily Grace Challenge" https://www.facebook.com/events/491521797592965/

Thank you and this photo is worth repeating...  I hope other grieving parents find this picture meaningful too.. God Bless you and your families... Life is short and it can change in the blink of an eye.. Please be nice to each other and Let the Lily Grace Challenge begin 


On July 29th I also shared this:


Eleven months ago today around 3:15 pm on August 29, 2012 the caring staff at Kosair Children's Hospital unhooked you from machines to be placed in my arms..

In my arms I would hold you as you looked around and looked into my eyes & your Dads eyes..

At 3:30 pm you officially closed your eyes & took your last breath in my arms..

Never forgotten.. Forever loved.. Always remembered..

RIP sweet Lily Grace 8/11/12 - 8/29/12

Thank you to everyone participating in The Lily Grace Challenge.. It's never too late to do something nice for someone else.. Today, tomorrow, and forever... 

No comments:

Post a Comment