Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Thank you...

Very random but I want to thank everyone who came to Lily's visitation and funeral. 

It has been 6 months and I still haven't written thank you notes.. I just can't. I have a spreadsheet of everything that I need to say thank you for but.. I just can't even look at it to be honest. 

Lily has a prayer bear that contains prayers/ thoughts from family and friends.. I still haven't looked at those.. I just can't..

I can only imagine how hard it was to come to my daughters funeral or visitation. It meant the world to me to have an open casket and I know that had to be hard on so many people but I honestly didn't care because what mattered was spending that last amount of time with her as I could.. her physical body I mean. I do care about everyone so I hope that doesn't sound harsh..

The desire to have an open casket and for the funeral home to do what they could to help make Lily as beautiful as they could so we could see her meant more to me than anyone may ever know.. I had pregnant women come to Lily's visitation and I KNOW that had to be hard or even families that just had babies recently came to her visitation and funeral... I KNOW that had to be hard.

I just felt that I should say thank you for coming and thank you for putting your fears, feelings, being uncomfortable.. all of that aside to say goodbye and to show love & support for my sweet Lily... I will never forget you all and what you did for me that day...

I don't really have regrets on her funeral because I think it was beautiful & peaceful... I sometimes wish I would have spoken but I spoke A LOT to Lily so she knows what my heart was saying and continues to say.. Thank you to everyone who took the time to visit my Lily before and/ or after she became an angel.. even if that is through her Lily Grace page.. it means a lot to me.

I will end this post with a note that I received on my personal page by a dear sweet friend who came to Lily's visitation/ funeral.. maybe that's why this post popped in my head tonight.. here it is:

"Amy-Lou,

For whatever reason you've been on my mind a lot more lately. While sitting at a stop light this morning, I was admiring the fleur de lis on a Louisville road sign and immediately thought of Lily. At that same moment I heard a radio station mention the "Parents Left Behind" online support group. Just wanted to let you know Lily visited with me today and wanted me to tell her mommy! She loves you so much and is SO proud of you... just like the rest of us!!! :-)"

I needed that message from Lily and it is crazy how you ask for signs and angels on earth can sometimes deliver the messages.. ♥ Thanks Jackie-Lou ♥

P.S. fleur de lis means Flower of Lily.. just in case you were wondering :)

No comments:

Post a Comment