Thursday, May 9, 2013

Prayers for my Mom please

I posted the following on April 29th on Lily's Facebook page: 

Dear Lily Grace friends,

I need your help please! Two people special to Lily needs prayers as of today. One person is waiting for results from a biopsy that was done today.. not expected. The other person suddenly needed CPR to stay ali...See More


The other person is a dear, sweet friends Aunt.. this Aunt helped to get me a special gift in regards to Lily.. she helped to pay for a photographer.. the one who took pictures of my Lily from her birth to her passing... a gift that I will cherish forever. 

Will you please pray for both wonderful people? 

Then I posted this as a followup on May 5, 2013: 
I asked for prayer the other day because someone in our family was waiting for biopsy results..

That someone is Dixie Pifer, my Mom and Grandma to Dean, Maddox, Makynlea, Sarah, Ethan, Blake, Makayla, and Lily Grace.

This past Thursday we received results from a biopsy from her colonoscopy and they diagnosed my Mom with Colon Cancer. The doctor feels that it is really early but he can't stage the cancer until he performs surgery which will remove some of her colon, the cancer, and surrounding lymph nodes.

This surgery takes place this Friday afternoon on May 10th. May 11th my Lily would be 9 months old and Sunday May 12th.. Mother's Day.. it's already a hard weekend coming up and now this devastating news.

I am very hopeful as the doctor is very hopeful. We just won't know more until her surgery (i.e., the stage of the surgery, next steps, etc). She will be in recovery at the hospital for an estimated 5-7 days. Lastly, her surgery is called a right colectomy:http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/medical/IM00231

If you believe in prayer, please pray for our family.. it has been a rough year to say the least 


©2012 nzaPhotography, LLC | Nicole Zirnheld Aldridge | www.nzaPhotography.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment