Sunday, May 19, 2013

Driving to the same hospital where I had Lily.. :(

Post on Lily's Facebook page May 10th:

I'm driving to the hospital where my Mom is having surgery soon to remove her cancer that was recently discovered..

The hospital is the same hospital where I delivered Lily, it's the first time that I can remember going back into this hospital since I had Lily, first time back in this hospitals parking garage...

Some of you will understand the anxiety that I'm feeling.. my first time back & firsts are soooo hard. Not only is it my "first" but the reason is because my Mom has cancer..

I'm here... Ugh.. Anxiety city., All of it.. too many reasons why this is hard..

Oh & this hospital is connected to where Lily lived her whole life.. there is a pedway that connects the two hospitals... So many memories... 


Prayers for my Mom... 

P.S. the flowers in this picture were a gift to Lily, her Dad, and I from Lily's paternal grandma's work (Lily's Grandma Darla).. They were beautiful flowers & I wanted to share 
Hospital waiting room picture at my Moms hospital.. right around the corner from her room  

Her surgery went as well as possible. Biopsy results to stage her cancer should be in by next Tuesday. The cancer did not spread to her liver, it did spread to one lymph node, and the doctor feels good about how the surgery went. 

She's in a lot of pain and she's on a morphine drip plus nausea medicine now. Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment