Sunday, May 19, 2013

Music can be healing.. the song list that helps me..

Please share with any grieving parent... 

Music has been important in my journey of having my daughter diagnosed with a serious illness and then losing her... I sang to my daughter while I was pregnant all of the time.. 

I also spent the last day of her life singing to her and letting her know that she is not alone... so music means a lot to me...  

Here are some of the songs I either sang to Lily while I was pregnant, while she was in the hospital, on her last day here on earth with us, songs that now mean a lot to me since her loss, since I have become a grieving parent, and I still sing to her now when I visit the cemetery or here at home.... I hope this helps someone else because when I am really, really sad.. this helps me.. 

Thank you for reading 

No comments:

Post a Comment