Saturday, February 16, 2013

NOT a FUNNY Joke this Time Someecards.com!

"Of course I'm a good mother. They're still alive, aren't they.."

Have you seen this e-card on FB? I saw this recently on Facebook and I couldn't stop thinking about that throughout the day.. then I saw another grieving Mom post about it so I thought I would talk about it.

I wonder if I would have found humor in this e-card before my daughter passed away. I'd like to think that I love a good laugh and have a good sense of humor.. I usually LOVE those e-cards but not this one.

I know it's a joke but sometimes jokes aren't funny.. at least when you're on the other end of the joke.. I know they didn't mean it literal and maybe we're extra sensitive.. we have a good reason to be extra sensitive.. Losing your child is one of the worse things that you can go through... even the best of mothers lose their children and I hope none of you nor the author to this card ever lose a child..

This is HORRIBLE for ANY grieving parent but what about the poor Mom or Dad who lost their child to an accident.. an innocent accident that they think about every minute of every day?!?! I especially hope they never read this ecard...

Also.. In life people joke about "the short bus" or make derogatory comments about people with special needs (I.e. noises, gestures, etc..)- you see.. Those people don't have connections to someone who has special needs or they wouldn't be doing it...

Just like the person who wrote this doesn't have a connection to a parent that has lost a child ....to have seen the pain & grief they go through..whew.. because if they did.. this wouldn't be funny to them either and they wouldn't have written this..

Some may say "Lighten up".. but what I say to that person is.. You've never walked a mile in my shoes or another grieving parents shoes or a family member who has defended a loved one growing up with special needs.. I HAVE and so have many others. I say "be nice to others and treat other people with respect.. and watch what comes out of your mouth..THINK before you speak.."

Be careful what you joke about because you never know who is listening... ❤❤


No comments:

Post a Comment