Saturday, February 23, 2013

I wish I could have held you forever Lily Grace...(picture may be hard to see)

This was posted on Lily's Facebook page last night "Never Forget Lily Grace":  

❤Lily..I held you for at least 4 hours after you became an angel.. 

I wish I could have held you for days.. for months.. forever.. 

I never wanted to give you up.... 

I can't shake the image of your last breaths..

your beautiful lips and skin that..changed..

Your temperature.. changed..

I closed my eyes to sleep tonight.. Hoping to dream of you and I can't shake the image of your "last" everything..

I only share this because it's my reality.. and the reality of too many people.. no matter the age of their child or loved one.. these images (photographs/ memories/ mental images..) are hard..

These images.. the sounds, the room, the touch.. the conversations.. the music playing.. the machines.. the hospital...walking away.. the day of Lily's last everything..

I will never forget.. it feels like yesterday.. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment