Thursday, June 14, 2012

Another High Risk/ Ultrasound Appointment Today

We had another ultrasound today and a GREAT one at that.  :)  It was the best that we could hope for at least.  Her heart problem is still there but her heart is growing and still functioning as strong as possible.  Her measurements were very good and right on track.  Her heart beat was 144 and she was estimated to weigh 3 pounds and 6 ounces (at 30 weeks and 2 days pregnant).  Her brain, body measurements, head measurements, etc all still looked good- no new markers still (just the heart at this point).  They did not see club feet, asymmetry of her body, and other possible characteristics at this point.  I know that it can still change and I know that the ultrasound does not pick everything up but... we will take any good, hopeful news that we can get.  

So I go back for another ultrasound with the high risk doctor in two weeks and the next step was to set up appointments with the Neonatal pediatricians, tour of the NICU, tour of the hospital where I will deliver, and appointment with the Pediatric Cardiac Surgeons.  By the end of the day the high risk office had most of these appointments set up and it will all be done within the next two weeks.  Wow.. did not think it will all happen at once so to say I am overwhelmed is an understatement.  :)  I also have a pediatric cardiologist appointment on Monday and I am unsure of what they will do then- maybe just talk or maybe I will get another ultrasound of her heart (echo) done.  I will find out.  

I will do my best to keep you updated but be patient with me because there will be a lot going on in the next few weeks.  Thank you for your support and thanks for reading!!      

1 comment:

  1. Amy I am so happy to read so many good reports =) Will Pray daily.

    ReplyDelete